Like most other toolbars, Yahoo toolbar also is installed in the web browser when you download and install any third party software application on your PC online. The toolbar gets installed usually when you forget to unselect the checkbox on the installation wizard that asks you whether you wish to install Yahoo toolbar and keep it as the default search engine and home page. However, you will often forget to execute this step as you are mostly in a hurry to install the program.
Instructions For Removing Yahoo toolbar
Yahoo toolbar can be easily removed from your web browser and PC by uninstalling it from the Control Panel. However, some users report that they find the toolbar resurfacing when the web browser is launched. The reason for this could be that the some of the registry values of the toolbar might not have been completely removed from the Windows registry. In such scenarios, you can either make use of a Yahoo toolbar removal tool or try to remove the toolbar from the web browser settings itself. Here is how you can uninstall/disable Yahoo toolbar from your web browser.
Removing Yahoo toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox web browser and navigate to the Tools option from the main menu bar.
- Choose Add-ons from the Tools dropdown list.
- The Add-ons option will display a submenu. Choose Extensions from the submenu.
- Locate Yahoo toolbar in the Extensions list.
- Upon locating the toolbar, highlight it and select Remove.
- Firefox will prompt you to confirm the deletion of the toolbar. Click Yes to confirm and proceed with the removal.
- After the toolbar is successfully removed from the browser, restart the browser. This will enable Firefox to make the changes in its settings to take effect immediately.
Yahoo toolbar removal in Google Chrome
- Launch Chrome and go to the Settings option.
- When the Settings screen is opened, select Extensions.
- The Extensions screen contains the list of the toolbars in Chrome. Browse through the list until you find out Yahoo toolbar from it.
- Highlight the toolbar and disable it. Exit the browser.
- Reopen Chrome and check whether Yahoo toolbar has been removed.
You have uninstalled Yahoo toolbar from your web browser and PC. It is advised to run a reputed toolbar removal tool as it can help purging all the registry values of the toolbar from your PC and prevent its resurfacing.