If you are using a Windows operating system, then you will be familiar with the administrator account in your computer. Every Windows operating system creates an administrator account after installing the operating system on your computer. Most of the times, the users will not be using the administrator account as they will have a different profile for managing their day to day chores using the system. So often, you may forget the password given for the administrator account. Here we discuss simple instructions from Windows online support for logging in to a computer without having a password.
- First of all, you need to make sure that you do have a Password Reset disc with you. After finding the password reset disc, switch on the computer by pressing the On key found in the front side of the CPU.
- When the logon screen appears on the screen, type in any password and when the system says that the password you have entered is incorrect, it will offer you an option to reset it using the password reset disc. Select this option and click on the OK button for closing the dialog box.
- Click on the option labeled Reset password in the dialog box and then insert the reset disc in your optical drive. You may also use a USB thumb drive or a floppy disc if your computer is too old and you have created the password a longtime ago.
- However, for inserting a reset disc, you need to have created one before. After inserting the disc in the drive, click on the OK button.
- Now the computer will access the reset disc and will verify the password stored in it and will help you to create a new password. When the operating system asks you to enter a new password, enter it in the text box found in the window and then click on the OK button.
- After typing in the password, remove the reset password disc from your computer and then login to the administrator account by providing the new password.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to login to the administrator account in your computer without even knowing the password for logging in to that account. If you are not having a password reset disc or the system does not recognize the reset disc, contact the Windows online support team for getting further help and support.