Sometimes you will be traumatized to notice that the fact that the contacts in your mail account seem to be missing. This is the situation when it becomes vital to have a mechanism to recover lost contacts. When you sign up for Internet service with MSN or with a company that uses MSN-based emails, sometimes you get an MSN email account or you may have to set up an account yourself for free, at MSN online. Finding a lost contact list either way, is important for using the email account successfully.
Let’s see the Windows Live help instructions to recover lost contacts in MSN mail account.
Windows Live help to Recover Contacts Lost because of Virus
- On your computer, Run a virus scan and delete or quarantine any threats the program discovers. Once the virus is gone, sometimes the lost contacts will show up when you log in the next time. If that doesn’t help, go to next step.
- In a different browser, open your MSN email account. MSN email is optimized for the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. So, try to open your account with either of these versions.
- Through your MSN email, Contact the help desk located on the top of your screen near your logout information. Tell them your contacts were erased because of a virus and see if they can help reset your account to previous working form.
- Using the email addresses in your inbox and sent folder, Rewrite your contact list.
- Ask a friend to forward you any mail that you forwarded to him and many others sometime in the past, like a forwarded email or joke email. Glean email addresses and contact information off of that list.
Recover contacts lost due to failure to log in for more than 30 days
- Write to the MSN help desk about the problem you face and ask them to restore your email contact list.
- If MSN cannot provide you with your old contacts, call friends to ask for their email addresses.
- To find contacts, Use an alternate email address contact book that you may have.
- Import contacts by saving another list onto your hard drive and them from your MSN email use the “import” option.
That is about it. Thank you!