Windows security is a useful tool that has the ability to prevent dangerous malware from being installed onto the computer. But if you have a different security tool installed on your computer, you can choose to disable Windows security. If you do this, you can get rid of those annoying security pop-ups that appear every now and them. In this article you can find step by step instructions for doing the same.
Windows help instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows help team which will assist you in the process of disabling Windows security.
In Windows XP
- Start off with this procedure by clicking the Windows “Start” button located on the bottom left hand corner of your desktop.
- Select “Control Panel” from the start menu.
- Continue with this procedure by selecting “Performance and Maintenance” from the Control Panel window. This will open up the Performance and Maintenance window.
- Click on the option labeled “Administrative Tools” located on the performance and maintenance window. This will open up the Windows explorer window.
- Double click on the icon titled “Services”. This will open up the services window.
- Select the option labeled “Security Center”. This will bring up the security center properties window.
- Go to the tab titled “General”.
- Click on the “startup type” drop down box, and choose the option “Disabled”.
- Finally, end this procedure by clicking “Apply”; close all the opened windows once you are finished.
In Windows Vista and Windows 7
- First click on the “Start” button located on the bottom left side your desktop.
- Select “Control Panel” from the Start menu.
- Continue with this procedure by clicking on the option which says “System and Security” located on the Control Panel window.
- Now click on the option which says “Action Center” situated on the system and security window.
- After that select the option “Change Action Center Settings” which you can see on the left side of the Action Center window.
- Unmark all the check boxes in the window.
- Finally, end this procedure by clicking on the “Ok” button.
That’s all with the instructions for disabling Windows security. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!