MSN was a product of Microsoft which provides instant messaging, emails and search application services. MSN was later renamed as Windows Live. If incase you have lost your MSN or Windows Live password you can reset it with a new one. In this article you can find instructions for doing the same.
Windows online support instructions
Mentioned below are the instructions provided by the Windows online support team which will assist you in the process of resetting your MSN password.
- Start off with this procedure by launching your Internet Explorer.
- Visit the “sign in” page of Windows Live website.
- Click on the link which says “Can’t access your account?” This is located just below the password field.
- Now you will be taken to the “Reset password” page. From this page, click on the radio button which says “I forgot my password” located under the “What problem are you having singing in?” section. The other options you can find under this section are “I know my password and Windows Live ID, but can’t sign in” and “I think someone else is using my Windows Live ID”.
- Once you click on the “I forgot my password” radio button, a link labeled “Reset your password” will be given to you right beneath it. Click on this link.
- In the next page, provide your full Windows Live ID in the respective field.
- Type in the characters mentioned in the figure in the “Characters” field and hit the “Next” button.
- In the next page you need to select an option for resetting your password. You can choose from options “Security Question” or “Customer Support”. The option you need to choose from here is the one labeled “Security Question”.
- As soon as you click on the “Security Question” radio button, you secret question will appear right beneath it. Provide the correct answer for your secret question in the “Secret answer” field and hit the “Next” button.
- If you have provided the correct answer, you will be taken to a page where in you need to type in your new password. Confirm it by typing the new password again in the “Retype new password” field and hit the “Next” button.
- In the next page, you will get a confirmation saying that “You have changed your password”. You can also see a button labeled “Sign in to Windows Live” which can be used to sing in to your account with the new password.
That’s all with the instructions provided by the Windows online support team for resetting your MSN password.