Windows mail is the news group and email client included in Windows Vista. Unlike Outlook Express, Windows mail is not bundled with Internet explorer and was superseded by Live Mail. the email client was only available for Vista. The mail account setting is instigated by Windows online support team. Configuring email account setting is easy and fast. The account can be customized according to the preference of the user. Unwanted emails can be blocked and settings can be tweaked. The procedures for setting up Windows mail account, blocking emails and senders are discussed in this article.
Windows Mail account
For managing multiple emails from a single spot you will have to set up an email account in Windows Mail and configure the other email accounts with that. Windows online support says that configuring email accounts with Windows Mail is quite easy and simple, similar to Outlook Express. Windows Mail works with almost all the service providers. For setting account follow the steps:
- Click Tools and choose Accounts.
- Click Add.
- Select Email Account from the list and click Next.
- Enter the information for each email account that you want.
- Enter a display name.
This display name is shown to the recipient while opening the message.
If the user does not want some particular type of emails to be received or a particular contact to contact him or her, Windows online support has the option for that. Windows Mail will filter junk mails. The filtered messages can be moved back to inbox if needed. For moving the emails back the steps to be followed are:
- Open the Junk email folder
- Select the message that you want to move back to inbox.
- Click the Message menu, point to Junk Email
- Choose Mark as Not Junk.
However, future messages will be filtered to the Junk folder. For blocking a particular contact the steps are:
- Click the Message Menu. Point to Junk email.
- Select Add Sender To Blocked Senders List.
- To block all emails from a specific domain name click Add Sender’s Domain to Blocked Sender’s List.
- To manually add someone to the blocked senders list click the Message menu, point to Junk email and click Junk email options.
This will help the user to avoid unwanted emails coming to the email account.
Hope this will help you in setting a Windows Mail account.Google+